How to Fit in Fitness
Most people now-a-days are busy. All moms are busy. Exercise often gets the boot early on when moms try to figure out how to balance the demands coming at them from all directions.
Sound familiar? Probably, because it’s pretty common. Too common in my opinion.
So I’m on a mission to help moms fit exercise into their busy lives. Why? Because being active, and more generally, taking care of yourself, makes you a better woman, mom, spouse, partner, daughter, employee and friend.
Here are five tips to fit in fitness:
- Something is better than nothing. It really is. Incorporate exercises throughout your day: pick up the baby and start squatting, walk around while on a call at work, take the stairs, do bicep curls with the laundry detergent after you put the clothes in the washer.
- Find a gym with a childcare center or find a class that you can do with your baby/child.
- Schedule active family activities – bike riding, swimming, hiking, kick ball, frisbee.
- Take a walk while waiting for your child to finish ballet class or soccer practice.
- Start and end the day with exercise. All you need is five minutes on both ends. In the morning do energizing exercises like squats, planks, push-ups, jogging in place, or stair climbing if you have stairs in your house. In the evening, try calming yoga poses and stretches to unwind from the day.
How do you fit in fitness?